Thursday, June 27: We’re very sorry to announce the cancelation of Snack Pack’s concert on Saturday. We think they are great, and are very sorry for this last minute change. If you have purchased online tickets, they will be refunded.
Snack Pack is haulin’ in a big grab bag of genre flavors — some homemade and some store-bought! Always tasty, full of peace & love & harmony!
Snack Pack is four veteran musicians who’ve teamed up for this project. Their repertoire is pulled from a variety of sources, all carrying on the mission of peace, love, harmony, and fun, in a grab-bag fashion from a variety of genres. Original works, and others within the realms of rock & roll, hippie country, and cosmic jazz comprise our menu.
- Betsy-Dawn Williams — guitar, vocals
- Josh Gordon — guitar, vocals
- Jeff Hinrichs — drums
- Juan Vasquez — bass guitar
Betsydawn Williams, aka BeeDee – front n’ center, singing and playing guitar, has two CD releases out on the indie-European roots music label El Toro Records, featuring original works, and has played in festivals and record show cases for the label in Spain, Seattle, Green Bay, with Li’l BeeDee & the Doo-Rites and was also a founding member of the popular Valley-based band Girl Howdy.
The ‘guys’ bring in a cornucopia of experience. These (collectively or singly) include:
- playing with Sara Evans, Nashville recording artist and CMA vocalist of the year with the Country Music Association, Nashville, Tennessee
- bass player for The Drovers in Chicago, the Irish rock band who provided the soundtracks for the movies Blink and Back Draft, and credited with being the inspiration for River Dance
- playing in The Sam Andrew Band, of Big Brother & the Holding Company, who was Janis Joplin’s musical director
- playing with Frank Christian, musical director for Nancy Griffith and Suzanne Vega
- playing with The OK Club, a band in NYC that was comprised of members of Billy Joel’s and Joan Jett’s bands
- writing for the magazines Guitar World and Just Jazz Guitar
- lead guitarist for Muddy Waters Junior (George Buford) at the Checkerboard Lounge in Chicago
- member of Eight to the Bar
- member of the Spampinato Brothers – from NRBQ
- playing with Joey Leone, Uptown Horns, Lonnie Youngblood Jr (Prince of Harlem who recorded w/ Jimi Hendrix), Crusher Green (Wilson Pickett’s drummer), Mel Davis (George Benson’s keys), Susan Angeletti, Monster Mike Welch, John Sheldon
Snack Pack on Facebook